Thursday, April 11, 2013

Happy Birthday Eve !!!




Reflecting on Nolan....
(A post from Daddy!)
 
Today is the last day my Son is 1 year old. The past 2 years have flown by (just like everyone said they would.) He is no longer a baby. We talk to each other and play each night when I get home from work. He no longer likes to be held and wants to do everything on his own. He is now a little person. The best compliment we ever receive about Nolan is when people tell us that he is so well behaved. My Dad laughs each time he asks me, “How is my Grandson” and I respond each time, “He is a good boy.” He then says to me, “Just like his Father.” Nolan truly is a “good boy.” I could not be more proud of him. Michelle and I always joke that we hit the “Life Lottery.” He is the most good natured, even tempered, happy, and loving child I have ever met. We are incredibly blessed.

 
Michelle and I have learned a lot from having Nolan in our lives. Everything changes when you have a child. Your definition of important completely shifts. I believe that Nolan makes me and his mother better people every day. He is what makes me think before I act. He is what drives me. He is what I think about, worry about, and smile about numerous times throughout my day. We have gained another level of respect for our parents and the job they did in raising us. We both have BIG shoes to fill!

 
 
Tomorrow morning will be bittersweet. I will rush into his room and wish him Happy Birthday and make sure he has the best birthday possible. A small part of me is sad because I know we will never get to experience his last 2 years with him again. However, deep down I know the best is yet to come…..




 
 

Happy Birthday Eve my sweet Nolan Christopher !!!!!
We love you so incredibly much !!!!
XOXO
 
Mama & Dada

1 comment:

  1. gosh, tears nick gallagher! You made me cry! Happy birthday nolan!

    ReplyDelete